The screw compactors screw screen ensures that screening volume is greatly reduced. The structural and functional simplicity of the compactor design in the form of shaftless flighting, allows for the absence of internal supports and minimum maintenance. The clever design of this equipment allows it to be used in many fields.
A sieve following the spiral end of the screw coupled with a discharge closure unit creates the dewatering and compressing action of the screenings. The liquid is pressed out through a specially designed tube. The machine is designed for intermittent working.
Advantages and innovative features of screw compactors include:
- Absence of outlet end bearing and intermediate bearing assemblies
- No mechanical components in contact with the product handled
- Low speed
- No jamming or blocking even if with fibrous products
- Fully enclosed pollution-free and odour-free machine
- Horizontal or vertical outlet
- Possibility of discharging into plastic bags